September 4, 2012

Pregnancy Hair and Drugstore Thrills


Like many women, in my life I have spent exorbitant amounts of money on hair products. On Consume or Consumed, I've written about my hair and how it has taken time to accept its natural waves and texture when the current gold standard for hair seems to be as straight as a pencil. But at this point I have grown to love its curl potential. Being pregnant has made my hair thicker and grow faster, but until recently my roots were a mess. I finally got a cut and color which helped immensely. But the processing left my hair dry, which was already an issue thanks to other drying summertime activities. When I was offered the opportunity to review Dove Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner, I was happy to give it a try.



The instructions were simple: To lather it into hair after shampooing, and leave it on for 60 seconds. I combed it through and put it up with a clip while I finished grooming. The smell was refreshing and feminine, without being cloying or overly floral. And the conditioner itself was thick and substantial. My hair felt soft and looked shiny afterwards.


I have to be honest. I am not a "wash your hair every night" kind of person. It is too drying. And my problem with some deep conditioners is that they weigh down the volume at my roots making it so I have to wash my hair sooner than usual. This conditioner did not weigh me down, despite its richness. It rinsed well and afterwards the curl pattern was not disrupted. I was even so bold as to let it air dry, rather than hair drying the roots for volume. My hair feels softer and because of the cut and color, looks better than it has in months. I am happy to put this drugstore thrill into my rotation of hair products.

Promotion prompt: Do you condition your hair every day?

Below the cut is info on how to get $1.50 off coupon as well as a giveaway opportunity that readers can enter by answering the above question via BlogHer.

Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove®Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!