June 15, 2012

What to expect...


As I embark upon this new project in my life, I am eager for an outlet to diary some of the aspects of pregnancy and eventually motherhood that challenge and confound me. It is both exciting and nerve-wracking to take on something so new and so significant. I have long wanted to grow a family but I struggled over timing. My partner and I have been partnered for nearly a decade but married in 2010. Timing for career, relationship, finances, life's milestones and travels, as well as a few other things made me unsure about when to start "trying." And once we began trying everything fell into place more rapidly than anticipated. So here I am, nearly four months pregnant with a dissertation to finish, a house to prepare, and a lot of things to learn about becoming a parent. I plan to use this space as one for brainstorming, sharing, and archiving this time. I hear from seasoned parents that it all will move too quickly. I also hear it will be difficult but worthwhile. Simultaneously, I find myself anticipating with impatience and wishing I could slow time. I just don't know what to expect...

2 comments:

  1. So excited that you have decided to begin this blog. I hope to share along with you :)

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abby! Let me know if you start blogging through pregnancy also! I'd love to read. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!