September 23, 2012

Week by week: 30

30 weeks

Gah time is flying! I have so much to do. So much to plan. So much to finish. So much to organize. But I also am excited to meet this little one who has been moshing and poking and prodding me from the inside for so long.

I had a few appointments on Friday, including an ultrasound that was supposed to have a 3d component. Sadly (though not truly sad, and in fact good!) the fetus is positioned head down and low enough in my pelvis that she was basically not 3d-photographable. The tech and the OB even considered prodding and pushing me from the outside to urge her to move into a better spot. But she's comfy down there and frankly, I'd rather her get used to being in a good spot for birth than get an unnecessary preview of her face. We did learn that she already has hair! And although I'm measuring right on track according to my midwife who checked my fundal height, from the ultrasound she is measuring to be in the upper range of percentiles. I blame her dad who has long limbs. Because of her position, they couldn't truly measure her because of where her head was, so they looked at the femur and belly to calculate an estimation (that the OB said is not very accurate, even if it is what they use). Anyway, it was a long but exciting day and everything continues to look healthy and good.

I began a new series on Consume or Consumed about teaching college students while pregnant. Check it out!

Outfit details:
Target sweater (gift from my mom)
Gap maternity t-shirt underneath
Gap maternity jeans
ChloƩ flats

4 comments:

  1. Ooh yay you have another blog too! 30 weeks, how exciting and I just got to the post where you are having a girl! Thrilled for you, we didn't find out beforehand but I was delighted as I secretly longed for a girl all along. She is just a pure joy every single day, I don't think I ever realised how much you could love another human being.

    Wishing you the best of luck, do they let you go far overdue in the States? Elodie was born 10 days late (ARGH!) and I was desperate to get baby out before induction which was booked for the 14th day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that you waited to find out. I wish I had the stamina. haha I'm really happy for you and your family and can't wait to meet the new member of mine (even though I hope I go on time or a little late so that I can finish out my semester for work).

      Generally, 42 weeks is the max. But depending on your care provider and your individual health circumstances, plenty of inductions are scheduled earlier.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet sweater!

    Glad you hear that you are doing well! I've been missing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is supposedly now half off in Target stores.

      I've been missing you too! We need to have a phone date.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!